It’s coooold outside! Here’s a healthy recipe that will warm you up inside! It’s also very easy to prepare.
Hearty Vegetable Ratatouille
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small squash
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 cup low-sodium tomato sauce
- olive oil cooking spray
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut slices of zucchini, squash, and sweet potato.
3. Pour the tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Top the sauce with garlic, 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
5. Arrange the vegetable slices over the sauce.
6. Coat the slices with the olive oil cooking spray.
7. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/2 tsp. dried oregano.
8. Bake at 375F for 45-50 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Ilise “Baker Babe” Reilly, manager of Lucille Roberts Flushing.