If you ladies have been keeping up to date with my recipes, then you know how much I like using an ingredient as a serving dish (see Apple Pie in an Apple, Zucchini Boats, Grilled Gazpacho, healthy Cheesecake Filled Strawberries). So here’s another one for you!
You say, “Tomato”? I say, “Stuffed tomato!”
Tuna Stuffed Tomato
- 1 medium-sized tomato
- 1 3-oz. can light tuna (in water)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped scallions
- 1 tsp. light mayo
1. Cut the top off the tomato and hollow it out by scooping out the insides.
2. In a bowl, combine tuna, scallions, and mayo.
3. Spoon tuna mixture into tomato shell for a great snack or a fresh, low-carb take on a tuna sandwich.
Not a fan of tuna? No problem! Make an egg white salad using 2 hard-boiled egg whites and 1 whole egg. Add 1 Tbsp. of any chopped veggie that you like and 1 Tbsp. light mayo. Scoop into to tomato, and enjoy!