Some of the most important training tips have little to do with proper form and breaking a sweat (though those are also key!) and focus more on your mental and emotional approach to exercise. Here are 10 of the best tips we’ve got!
- Always challenge yourself no matter how hard something is! It doesn’t matter whether or not you complete it just as long as you tried.
- Make sure you are eating enough. If you don’t, you won’t lose weight like you want to. As women, we think that, by not eating, we lose weight, but that is so not true.
- “Can’t” is not a word.
- There is always another way to do an exercise. If something is too difficult for you, find out how to modify it to suit your level of fitness. (You can ask a trainer.) You never want to get frustrated.
- Be serious when you need to be.
- Always be true to yourself.
- How you accomplish weight loss is up to you–because you and only you can make the choice to lose or not to lose.
- Take every second of every day and decide in that moment how good you would feel if you lost the weight you want to lose!
- Remember, always to do everything for you!
- It isn’t how many exercises you’re doing; it’s how you’re doing them.
Trainer Tip by Midge Pileggi, Instructor and Trainer at Lucille Roberts Roosevelt Blvd. in Philadelphia, PA.