Can you sleep yourself thin?
Not quite, but a study from the Canadian Medical Association Journal suggests that the longer you sleep, the less important genetics become in determining what you weigh.
On that note, and in honor of sleep awareness week, here are 10 tips for a better night’s sleep.
1. Stick to a consistent sleep schedule.
2. Exercise during the day, but NEVER at night.
3. Avoid daytime naps. If you need to nap, keep it short.
4. If you can’t sleep, get up and do something and try again later.
5. Avoid looking at any screen for at least 30 minutes before bed.
6. Keep and cool, quiet and dark bedroom.
7. Keep nighttime meals light.
8. Don’t watch the clock.
9. No caffeine at least 4 hours before bedtime.
10. Establish a soothing bedtime routine, like a book and a cup of decaffeinated tea.