Having trouble losing weight? It can be a struggle for many of us, so don’t feel bad!
We’re making the executive decision for you to give your refrigerator a much-needed makeover. No, we’re not telling you to go out and buy a new appliance. Your fridge should be stocked with healthy ingredients to induce good eating habits. Here’s what you should have:
1. Fruit – Essential for when you’re running out the door, fruits like bananas, peaches, apples, oranges, and berries are good choices—and they’re yummy too!
2. Lean protein – You know where we’re going with this—chicken, salmon, and other foods that carry a ton of protein are easy to prep and cook.
3. Nut butters – One word: NOM. Lather it on whole-grain toast, apple slices, or even mix in with your favorite smoothie!
4. Lemons – Whether it’s in your water or tea, lemons are healthy when you want to stay hydrated and energized. Try drinking a cup of hot lemon water in the morning to start your day.
5. Vegetables – Perfect for snacking, try cutting up your favorite veggies like baby carrots, celery, sliced bell peppers, etc.
6. Eggs – Boil up a couple of eggs for breakfast or add them to your salad for added protein.
7. Hummus – Also high in protein, hummus is often paired with veggies or with your salad.
8. Almond milk – This milk option has fewer calories and fat compared to other milks.
9. Greek Yogurt – A healthy replacement for other high-calorie yogurts, Greek yogurt is an ideal breakfast topped with berries.
10. Baby spinach – Cook it up with your eggs in the morning or with your lunch salad, baby spinach is an easy way to add nutrients to almost any meal.