Surrenders are a great exercise to strengthen the entire body. Using dumbbells or any stable weighted object, this is a workout requiring you to use your legs, arms and core. Try the Surrender on its own or pre/post your cardio routine for a fat blasting workout!
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, holding weights (5-15 lbs depending on your strength level) over or behind head.
- Drop your right leg to the floor into a kneeling position, then drop your left leg, keeping arms lifted overhead or behind head the entire time.
- Stand back up without using your arms. Starting with your left leg, then right.
- Repeat sequence, starting with opposite leg.
- Do 15 reps, alternating legs.