Fueling your body for your workout is vital for getting maximum results. Check out these easy to make, low-cal protein bars that taste great and give your body everything it needs to power your workout!
Apple Cinnamon Protein Bars
Nutrition Facts: 1 bar = 64 calories, 2.5 fat, 4 g carbs, 9 g protein. (Determined by adding info from all ingredients and dividing by number of bars made.)
- 4 scoops vanilla LiveRite protein powder*
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup stevia or Splenda
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 medium apple, coarsely grated
1. Spray an 8 x 8 inch Pyrex baking dish with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine protein powder, almond meal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Whisk together and set aside.
3. In a smaller bowl, combine egg whites, sweetener (stevia or Splenda), cottage cheese, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated and then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix.
4. Fold in grated apple and mix until combined.
6. Pour batter into the prepared dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
7. Let cool for atleast 30 minutes before cutting. After cooling, cut into 8 bars.
8. Wrap bars individually in plastic wrap to keep from getting stale. Enjoy!
*Lucille Roberts LiveRite weight loss shake mixes are available at all Lucille Roberts gyms for $19.99.
Recipe by Ilise “Baker Babe” Reilly, manager of Lucille Roberts Flushing.