During the fall and winter months, we are always looking for a tasty, hearty soup to fill us up and keep us warm! This is one of my favorites. I use this soup as a way to sneak extra vegetables into my and my family’s meals. Add in whatever veggies you like best!
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic (sliced and cut in half)
- 6-8 celery stalks (cut in chunks)
- 6-7 whole carrots (cut in chunks)
- 6-8 oz. mushrooms (sliced or chunked)
- 1.5-2 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 16 oz. can pinto beans
- 2 tsp. of oregano
- 2 tsp. of basil
- 2 tsp. of parsley
- pepper (as much as you would like)
- 4-5 14.5 oz. cans of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 1.5 cups of whole grain pasta (penne, rotini, or whatever you like)
1. Heat pot with spray olive oil.
2. Add garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add all vegetables. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring a few times.
4. Add beans.
5. Add all spices.
6. Add chicken broth and crushed tomatoes.
7. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Keep covered.
8. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 more minutes, depending on how firm you like your pasta.
- You can add/remove any vegetables you like. Make it your own and use your favorites.
- If you like your soup thinner, add more chicken broth.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top, if you like.
- Add grilled chicken breast for extra protein.
Try it and let me know what you think!