The holiday season is here in full swing and I am sure no matter where you turn there is always a sweet temptation calling your name. I have a solution, smoothies are a great way to start the day but did you know it’s also an amazing way to end the day too? In my NMFIT smoothie handbook I share several recipes perfect for anytime of day. Whether you are looking for a time saving nutritional breakfast or a post workout beverage I reveal 12 easy and delicious smoothies that you can drink morning, noon and night! Each recipe includes simple instructions and scoop on the nutritional benefits.
BONUS!! You can sneak in a few sweet delights through a delicious smoothie without falling off the bandwagon. Below you will find a recipe personally created by NMFIT just for you! The Lucille Roberts Ginger Snap Chocolate Cocoa Mint Smoothie is an excellent option for marrying popular holiday flavors along with a few smoothie staples. Tip:This is a treat that should be had on occasion!
Ginger Snap Chocolate Cocoa Mint Smoothie
What you will need:
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 ginger cookies crushed (store bought, pay attention to the labels!)
- 2 teaspoons of peppermint flavored chocolate cocoa mix by Land O Lakes. One individual packet can make three smoothies, DO NOT use the entire packet for one serving.
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate flavored protein powder of your choice.
- Mini candy cane for garnish
- Crumble ginger cookies in your hands and sprinkle them into a blender cup.
- Add additional ingredients into the blender cup.
- Blend until smooth
For more information on my smoothies that you can easily create yourself visit the NMFIT Shop by clicking here: http://www.nadiamurdockfit.com/shop/smoothiebook and treat yourself in more ways than one this holiday season!
Nadia Murdock is nationally recognized fitness coach, published author and regular on-air fitness expert. She is living proof that her “train your mind, change your body” method works. After changing her own life via her own weight loss journey to a healthier lifestyle she became dedicated to sharing that power with others through her company Nadia Murdock Fit. Nadia has a B.A. in Psychology and taps into the strength and power of the mind when advising others in achieving their fitness goals. She also enjoys all forms of fitness from Kickboxing to Zumba and never goes a day without breaking a sweat.