Adding granola to a bowl of yogurt or milk is tried and true, but there are 3 additional healthy ways you can enjoy this delicious ingredient. For those who are uninformed about the health benefits of granola, it provides our bodies with significant numbers in fiber and iron. Plus, Simply Granola from Quaker Oats provides an additional dose of protein, 5 grams per serving to be exact, and is low in sodium.
Here are 3 delicious and healthy ways to enjoy granola:
- Salads – Sprinkle the simply sweet granola over salads. The crispy garnish goes well with sweet veggies like roasted carrots. And according to this breakfast enthusiast, adding granola to a breakfast salad is meal we should all start doing in the A.M.
- Cookies – When 3 PM strikes, instead of grabbing a yogurt, make these strawberry banana bites instead. Simply swap out the oats for your preferred choice of the Simply Granola flavors which include:
- oats, honey, raisins and almond
- apple, cranberry and almond
- oats, honey and almond
- Trail Mix – On the road and your stomach is asking, “Where is the food?”. First things first, put the cash you were going to use on the bag of chips back into your wallet. Instead grab your healthy bag of granola trail mix you prepped before leaving the house. Simply toss the granola of your choice with nuts and dried fruit for a quick energy-boosting and satiating snack.
This post is in partnership with Quaker Oats