We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! It doesn’t matter if you’re an early riser with plenty of time to eat or always running late with zero time to spare, making sure you squeeze in this meal is essential to a healthy diet.
Need a little inspiration? Here are a few of our favorite, go-to breakfast choices so you can avoid midmorning hunger pangs:
1. Avocado toast – A favorite for many, this quickie breakfast is loaded with health benefits. The fruit contains 33 percent more potassium than bananas! Mash up half an avocado, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and you’re good to go.
2. Almond butter toast – If you’re in a rush, this breakfast will be your savior! This tasty spread can do wonders for your brain., heart, skin, and blood health. Just lather some on a a piece of your favorite bread and enjoy!
3. Hard boiled eggs – One of the easiest breakfast meals to prepare, this egg option can be made the night before and left to refrigerate. They are also high in protein and contain good fats.
4. Greek Yogurt – What’s not to love about Greek yogurt? Add your favorite toppings—fruit, nuts, honey—and you’ve got yourself an ample breakfast. And from protein to probiotics, the health kicks are endless!
5. Oatmeal – You can’t go wrong with a bowl of oatmeal in the morning. Like yogurt, you can add just about anything to it and it will still be heathy. It’s known to keep your cholesterol levels down too!