Many of us tend to be concerned with what we’re going to be doing while we’re at the gym, but what about when you get home? What then? We’ve come up with a list of things you shouldn’t do post workout to help your overall fitness and life.
- Don’t stay in your sweaty workout clothes. Doing so can lead to a yeast infection or body acne—yuck!
- Skip the drinking that sports drink bottle after your workout.
- Don’t run for the snack cabinet when you get home. You will pretty much be undoing all the hard work you just put in.
- Do unroll your yoga mat until your next class. Or else it’s basically going to be a dark and moist place for bacteria to grow…
- Don’t gulp down that sports drink after a workout. Just one bottle can contain around 330 calories—and again you would just throw your workout out the window!
- Do wash your face right after your gym sesh. If you’re working out at a public gym, remember to skip touching your face. It’s extremely easy to pick up germs, so wash your face!