America’s favorite weight-loss television show has returned, and this time with one of its original tough-love trainers, Jillian Michaels. On The Biggest Loser, Jillian is best known for her “no excuses” approach to helping contestants lose the weight. But love her or hate her, there’s no denying that she whips her clients into shape.
You don’t have to be a contestant on The Biggest Loser to use some of Jillian’s favorite workout moves. We’ve picked out 4 of Jillian’s favorite exercises that will have you sweating and losing inches in no time. (No challenges or weigh-ins required!)
- Start in a plank position, balancing on your forearms and your toes. Your body should be in a straight line, no arch in your back.
- Pressing through your palms, straighten arms to lift yourself up.
- To make the move easier: Straighten one arm at a time, to lift up
- Return to start. This is one rep.
- Do 8 reps, 3 sets
- Begin on all fours with your back straight, hands beneath your shoulders, and abs engaged.
- Crawl forward on your hands and the balls of your feet, with knees lifted just a few inches off the ground.
- Take quick steps forward for 5 seconds, then reverse and crawl backward for 5 seconds. This is one rep.
- Do 10 reps, 3 sets.
- Start with your feet close together, hands at the side of your head, and squat down.
- Staying low in your squat position, jump your feet out wide so they are about 2 feet apart.
- Jump feet back in to starting squat position. This is one rep.
- Repeat this move for up to 30 sec. Do 3 sets.
- Stand with your feet about three feet apart, with your right foot pointing forward and your left foot pointing sideways.
- Holding 5-8 pound weights in each hand, extend your right hand overhead.
- With right arm still extended, slowly reach the left weight toward your left ankle.
- Reach as far down your leg as you can, then slowly reverse the move to starting position. This is one rep.
- Repeat the move on the opposite
- Do 12-15 reps on each side, 3 sets.