This is another pumpkin recipe recommendation from Nutritionist Natalie. Because not only is pumpkin in season, it’s great for you!
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free whipped topping, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pumpkin.
- Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping.
- Spoon into two dessert dishes.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping; drizzle with caramel topping and sprinkle with almonds.
Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: 2/3 cup equals 117 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.
(Recipe found at TasteofHome.com)