Feeling down? Want to lift your spirits? Here are a few ways to improve your mood!
- Break a sweat – Dedicate at least 10 minutes out of your day for a workout. You may not be as enthusiastic about it, but give it a try and we know you’ll be in a better mood. Moving your body also has good long-term effects – regular exercise helps keep depression at bay and will help with your health and fitness goals!
- Smiling – When you give a genuine smile (not the cheesy one you force for pictures), you can change your brain’s chemistry and feel happier. A tip is to try remembering a memory of what made you laugh or look at pictures of inspirational or funny things.
- Go Outdoors – Studies on natural light have proven to improve a person’s mood. Going outdoors is also important for getting vitamin D (essential for your skin) and is a great space to move your body and workout!
- Make New Friends – It makes you feel good to spend time with people who care about you and who are positive. Open up new relationships, whether it’s someone you meet at the office, gym or park. But be sure to maintain those lifelong connections, too. Studies show the more connected you are, the happier you are.
- Sleep – You need at least 6-8 hours of sleep each night to stay in a good mood. You’re more likely to be happy, and less cranky when that alarm goes off,when you get enough shut-eye.
For more tips on ways to be happier head to WebMD.com
Featured Image courtesy Unsplash.com