Squats are great, they truly are, but we need variation to target those muscles in our legs and glutes.
Below are three chiseling exercises you can do when you just don’t feel like squatting.
Single Leg Romanian Deadlift:
- Hold a kettle bell/dumbbell in one hand. Stand on one leg, on the same side that you hold the weight.
- Keeping that knee slightly bent, perform a stiff legged dead lift by bending at the hip, extending your free leg behind you for balance.
- Continue lowering the kettle bell/dumbbell until you are parallel to the ground, and then return to the upright position.
Repeat move 12X per leg.
Swiss Ball Leg Curl:
- Begin on the floor laying on your back with your feet on top of the ball.
- Position the ball so that when your legs are extended your ankles are on top of the ball. This is the starting position.
- Raise your hips off of the ground, keeping your weight on the shoulder blades and your feet.
- Flex the knees, pulling the ball as close to you as possible, contracting the hamstrings.
- Pause for 5 seconds, return to the starting position.
Repeat move 15X
KettleBell Swing :
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, toes pointed out, and knees slightly bent; look straight ahead. Hold a kettlebell between your legs using both hands in an overhand grip.
- Keeping the arch in your lower back, bend your hips back until the kettle bell is between and behind your legs; squeeze your glutes to extend your hips and swing the weight up.
- Let the weight swing back between your legs as you bend your hips and slightly bend your knees; if it hits you in the butt, you’re doing it right. Extend your hips and knees to reverse the momentum as you immediately begin the next rep.
Repeat move 10-12X
Try out these no squat-moves and share with us using #LucilleRoberts!