Why sweating with personal trainers, small group training sessions and classes are better than sweating solo.
During your typical day at Lucille Roberts, you have your routine mapped out; “I am going to read for 45 minutes while working out on the elliptical.” Killing two birds with one stone, you feel victorious. Yet day after day, week after week you see no results. On the brighter side you have completed five books! There is absolutely nothing wrong with reading while working out, because some of us just need a distraction to fully commit to a solo workout. The downside to this is not being able to achieve your health and fitness goals compared to working out with a trainer or multiple like-minded people. The truth is, the low intensity treadmill talk you have been doing in the past is not going to cut it if your goal is to lose weight or get shredded.
In this zone you have been in, also known has the comfort zone, there is no one to push you to go the extra step, to make you jump a little higher, squat a bit deeper or even increase the speed on the treadmill. This is not to say that solo workouts are not good! For those who simply want to get their activity in for the day, any form of exercise is recommended. But for the rest of us who need an extra push to hit our workouts hard, induce puddles of sweat and achieve our highest fitness goals, it’s time to ditch the solo activity!
Here are the reasons why you should ditch your solo routine and start working out in numbers.
- You’ll be less likely to make excuses and cancel: The fact that there is someone – whether it is your trainer, instructor or gym pal – expecting you at the gym will make you feel accountable for heading out the door and completing your workout. Having that accountability built in is an ideal way to ensure that you actually keep up with your intention to exercise regularly.
- Having a personal trainer ensures proper form and that you’re hitting your max: Booking a one-on-one or group personal training session will ensure you are performing each exercise correctly, safely, as well as making sure you’re getting the maximum benefits from your sweat session.
- You will be pushed to your limit: When you are working out solo, you may not even reach your max heart rate or cardio zone to burn calories. But in a setting that includes a LR strong trainer and or LR fierce members, you will be surrounded by amazing people who will push you to keep going even when you think you can’t make it another second. In this environment you will be encouraged, simply by virtue of the fact that everyone is working out HARD. If they can do it, so can you!
- Have fun in numbers: We’ve all heard the advice that in order to truly motivate ourselves to exercise, we should choose an activity we feel is fun. This is true. If you enjoy making new friends, this is the way to do it. You can meet your future workout buddy in Zumba or in a TRX group class. Whether it’s the activity itself, the friendships you’ll form, or even a spirit of friendly competition, enjoying yourself makes all the difference when it comes to fitness.
3 Ways to get the best out of your Lucille Roberts workout:
- Book a One-on-One Personal Training session.
- Take a Class: HIIT, Zumba, Pilates, Circuit Training, just to name a few! See our full class list here.
- Book a Small Group Training session with one of our #LRStrong trainers.