Losing weight can be a struggle—especially when you’re not in the best mood.
This often happens when you’re trying to cut back on your calorie intake, which can make you cranky and irritable. To avoid this, fill your belly, and lose weight all at the same time, try munching on one of these five foods.
1. Greek yogurt – High in protein, greek yogurt is one of the best food options for weight loss. Eating it can help increase your mood and rev up your energy levels. Research has found that people who ate 18 ounces of Greek yogurt daily while cutting total calories lost more weight and more belly fat than those who skipped out.
2. Salmon – As yummy as salmon is to many, the omega-3 fatty acids in this fish have been linked to better moods. It’s also known to help maintain your body weight. Try replacing red meat with this about three servings of this a week.
3. Blueberries – Calling all blueberry lovers! This nutritious fruit get its color from a purple pigment called anthocyanin, a known mood enhancer. All berries are high in fiber and H2o, so eating them will help you feel fuller longer.
4. Spinach – Not the most loved veggie of the bunch, but maybe you should rethink your hatred for it. This hearty green is rich in magnesium—and when you’re low in this you can end up feeling sluggish. Along with that, spinach has the potential to boost weight loss and cut food cravings.
5. Cherry tomatoes – Yummy in salads to sandwiches, these little guys are rich in he phytonutrient lycopene—this can help slow the accumulation of inflammatory compounds tied to bad moods. These bite-sized and low-cal goodies will also help you stay on track with your weight-loss plans.