Former Disney Princess and star of hit series Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus has shredded her innocent image in exchange for the sassy, sexy woman that covers Cosmopolitan magazine’s March 2013 issue. Transitioning from long, wavy brunette locks to a short pixie blonde and sporting edgy, risky clothing like her much beloved crop top! The Miley that we used to know seems to have disappeared, gone, vanished. The new Miley is:
1. Not single. She is engaged to hot and hunky aussie, Liam Hemsworth.
2. Working on her fourth solo album.
3. Has taken an interest in twerking. Yes, TWERKING. (See the video below!)
4. To top it all off, she has developed a long, lean “womanly” figure that she shows off any chance she gets. She loves her crop tops!
With the help of celebrity Pilates trainer Mari Winsor, Miley’s former Hannah Montana physique has transformed into a super sexy figure that she is exceptionally proud of. Thanks to Miley’s mother, she met with Winsor and fell in love with the Pilates program. Pilates is a workout system that requires concentration, control, and breathing. It builds strength without looking bulky, creating a sleek toned body. Miley is a fan of all Pilates workouts, but her favorites focus on the abs. (Did I mention her infatuation with crop tops?)
In addition to doing runs on the beach with her bulldog Ziggy and strength training, Miley swears by these three moves:
- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides
- Raise your head and arms off the floor while simultaneously extending your legs up at a 45-degree angle to the floor.
- Pump your arms up and down within a 6-inch range 100 times. Inhale for five pumps and exhale for five pumps. Keep your chin tucked in toward your chest and focus on keeping your abs contracted as you perform the exercise.
- Lie on your back, shins up, parallel to the floor.
- Place your hands behind your head, supporting the base of head
- Leaving the pelvis in a neutral position (not tucked or hyper-extended), scoop the abdominals and curl the chin and shoulders off the mat.
- Extend your left leg out straight at a 45 degree angle.Keep your elbows wide and chest open as you rotate your torso so that your left armpit is reaching for your right knee. Switch legs, bringing your trunk through center.
- Lie down on your mat, arms facing up
- Extend and raise your left leg about 45 degrees, while hovering your right leg above the floor 3-5 inches.
- Switch legs. Lower left leg a few inches above the floor, and raise right leg to a 45-degree angle.
- Keep alternating legs at a quick pace, while still maintaining your form.
*And in case you were interested, here is the video of Miley twerking. And yes, she is wearing a unicorn onesie! *