Thanksgiving is next week! For those wondering what kind of holiday desserts can fit in with a diet plan, here’s a recipe for pumpkin pie “mousse” cups made with sugar-free butterscotch pudding and pumpkin filling. It’s easy to make and lighter than regular pumpkin pie. Give it a try!
Pumpkin Pie “Mousse” Cups
- 1 package sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding made according to directions on package (Use fat-free or 1% milk only or lactose-free milk. Light Vanilla Soy will sweeten the dessert far too much.)
- 4 honey graham cracker squares
- 1/2 cup Libby’s canned pumpkin
- Light Reddi-Whip (8 Tbsp. total)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
1. Make pudding per directions on package.
2. When the pudding is fully chilled, add all other ingredients except graham crackers and Reddi-Whip. Stir well.
3. Put mixture into 4 individual mousse cups.
4. Sprinkle 1 crumbled graham cracker square on each pumpkin pie cup. (You can place them in a Ziploc baggie and crumble them with your fist or fingers.)
5. Place clear wrap over cups until you are ready to serve. Just before serving, add two tablespoons light Reddi-Whip to each.