Turmeric is the all star, golden spice. Preventing cancer, adding heat to meals, and beautifying our skin and bodies. Turmeric also fights colds, headaches, and is proven to help fight depression. But that’s not all, because it contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, it just turns this spice into one of the golden ingredients in the health world.
In collaboration with Aloha, we introduce tumeric to you in the the form of this Golden Drink. Taking the benefits of tumeric to another level by adding 18 grams of plant-based protein. Now you can reap the benefits of turmeric while taking in whole-foods sustenance to fill you up and keep you energized.
Aloha’s Golden Protein Drink Recipe
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon dried turmeric, or 1/2 inch fresh turmeric diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger, or a tiny piece of fresh ginger diced
- 1 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey – adjust to desired sweetness
- Place milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add turmeric, ALOHA Protein, ginger, and pepper. Stir well if you are using the dried spices.
- Let the milk begin to simmer for about 3-5 minutes — small bubbles will form on the sides of the saucepan, but it should not come to a full boil. Stir.
- Turn off heat, cover, and allow the mixture to sit for ten minutes or so to improve the infusion (and to cool down a little).
- Strain the milk through a strainer if you have used fresh ingredients and serve warm.
For more healthy and quick smoothie recipes visit Aloha