As our goals are to make all females #LRStrong through helping them find strength and happiness through fitness and health, here is our second feature for the #LR Trainer Spotlight. In this inspirational series learn more about the #LRStrong trainers or instructors who push and inspire you to achieve our goals. Here they will be sharing their journey in health and fitness, with hopes to inspire all our readers and of course to spread the Lucille Roberts love. In this post get to know trainer Cindy Jones, a former Lucille Roberts member from Fordham now #LRstrong trainer for Grand Central!
- Introduce yourself and what you do at Lucille Roberts:
My name is Cindy Jones – Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer since 2012, teaching a variety of classes (except Zumba® and Pound®)
- How and when did you decide you wanted to become a trainer?
I started as a member of Lucille Roberts Fordham, taking classes taught by Miriam, Eric, Sandra to name a few. I was that girl who took all the evening classes standing in the front. I honestly started because I was depressed. I experienced a major loss and transition that put me in a major funk. A friend of mine recommended Lucille Roberts to “get my mind off things” and that was it for me!!!!!
- What is your favorite way to sweat?
What is your go to pre and post workout meal or snack?
As a pre-workout meal – I like to eat a banana, apple or almonds
As a post workout meal – I like to mix my It Works protein Shake with strawberries and flax seeds. Because I normally workout at night (after 7pm) If the protein shake doesn’t suppress my hunger then I’ll eat a salad and/or eat nuts (almonds, cashews etc)
- A quote you live by and you share with your members?
I live by motivation so it’s hard to use a specific quote. Throughout the class I remind the members of their awesomeness whether it’s using Lucille’s “Sexy, Confident & Strong” mantra or me just simply screaming that their amazing, beautiful and capable of executing the routines even though they THINK they can’t. I remind them to be better than the woman they were yesterday and NOT to compare themselves to anyone in the class.
At the end of the class I like to have the women say “YOU GO GIRL” since we got through the class together, as a team….. A sisterhood!
- Do you prefer to sweat in the morning or evening?
I prefer evenings. Gosh I admire a person who can get up early workout then go to work!!!!
- The most challenging workout you have done so far?
- The workout you will probably never do again?
There’s no workout I will never do again. If I felt that way I’d push myself to find some level of appreciation for it. Call me crazy.
- The part of your body you love to work out and what is your go to move?
Lower body, GLUTES (Oh yeah)
- One tip you would suggest for those struggling to stay on track for their health and wellness goals?
Stay consistent. Know results do not happen overnight. Find a support system – a friend, family member, coworker OR even ME to motivate you!!!
- What is you power song you listen to blast those through those final minutes in your workout?
I love me Reggae/Dancehall. A good power song that’s current is “Not Nice” – PartyNextDoor
- Anything you would like to add about yourself that no one knows – like a pet peeve or who is your fitness spirit animal?
My fitness spirit animal is a LION. HEAR ME ROOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!